Sourdough Journal

A journal of my attempts to make a sourdough starter, make sourdough, other breads, etc.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Delbchaem just made


Delbchaem just made

This is sourdough starter #4, Delbchaem , just after I finished mixing it.

I sadly was not able to get of Rionach's progress. However it seemed to loose all activity, then I was gone from wednesday to sunday and had asked someone to feed it if it did anything, dump if it didn't.

They didn't dump it, so I expected it would smell really bad and tried to avoid smelling it as I dumped it. When there was only a little bit left I noticed it was smelling very yeasty and fruity and alcoholy... Oh well.

Anyway, Delbchaem is made from about 90% organic rye flour. And 10% bread flour. We'll see how she does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home