Sourdough Journal

A journal of my attempts to make a sourdough starter, make sourdough, other breads, etc.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

First REAL Sourdough Loaf


First REAL Sourdough Loaf

This is the first real/pure sourdough loaf I made!

Only ingredients were water and flour (and of course 'wild yeast' from the flour).

Because of how it spread out in the fridge, it isn't that pretty. But it tastes wonderful, and, well... makes it so a slice is a rather light snack.

This loaf also used no recipe, just played it by ear. From here on out I'll try to mix my own stuff and recipes. And hopefully remember to add salt in the future...

1 Comments:

Blogger SumisuYoshi said...

Yeah, taste wise it didn't seem to be missing anything. But I think it definitely affected the density. And I'm sure that the retarding really didn't help with it already being such an incredibly wet dough.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home